Saturday, April 30, 2011

One of Those Days

Yesterday I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I'm not sure why. I did all the right things. I got up early and went walking with my favorite walking partner. We had family prayer and scripture study. I even made a healthy smoothie for breakfast.

I didn't even realize that I was grouchy until my daughter asked me, "Are you all right?"

"What do you mean?!" I responded as I stuck my tongue out at her. And then I knew exactly what she meant.

Fortunately I was able to push through my rotten attitude. I got some laundry started, helped Marianne with some schoolwork and then made sandwiches and raspberry muffins for lunch.

Later I attended a homeschool meeting and went for a walk with my friend whom I visit teach. Fortunately, I was able to do both of these without biting anyone's head off!

The chip on my shoulder was mostly (but not completely) gone. Then I saw this video. Take a look. Even if you're having a marvelous and perfect day, it will make it brighter. And if your day is, shall we say, a little "dim" then you can definitely use the light you'll find HERE.

Did you click the link? Seriously, go back and watch it. The video is awesome and the quote at the end is powerful. It is worth 3 minutes of your time!

2 comments:

jessica said...

I'm sorry, but I can't picture any sort of grumpy or foul mood. You are always to happy and cheerful:)

Melanie said...

Jessica, I must be a really good actress!