We got to spend Saturday with lots of family. We dyed eggs, hunted for eggs and even had a passover dinner. This year's dinner definitely went better than last year's!
One of the things that stood out to me was the symbol of the four cups of wine. It is based on this scripture:
Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments.We used grape juice of course, but we drank four times to remember the beautiful promises.And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the Lord your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians. Exodus 6:6-7
1. The Cup of Sanctification of Consecration
Promise: I will bring you out of Egypt.
2. The Cup of Praise
Promise: I will deliver you from their bondage.
3. The Cup of Redemption
Promise: I will redeem you with a stretched out arm.
4. The Cup of Acceptance (Also known as the cup of Elijah)
Promise: I will take you to be my people.
I am so grateful on this Easter morning that my Savior has brought me out of the bondage of sin. He has redeemed me and I praise His holy name forever. I am blessed to be called one of his daughters.
HAPPY EASTER!
No comments:
Post a Comment