I have been told I am a "good listener". I guess that's true, at least some of the time. However, after being a mom for 21 years, I have perfected the art of tuning out my children. Here is a conversation that took place yesterday while I was doing some "very important things" on the computer.
Evan: Mom
Me: no response
Evan: Mom!
Me: no answer
Evan: Mom, I'm trying to tell you something!
Me: Okay, I'm listening.
Evan: See . . .
Me: Not really, I was just kidding.
Evan: Mom!!
Do I get points for being honest?! In my defense, I knew that Evan was just trying to tell me that he wanted me to get off the computer so he could use it.
1 comment:
Ha, ha!!! That's soooo funny! I'm impressed that you could multi-task enough to pretend to listen when you weren't. :)
Post a Comment