Thursday, April 7, 2011

Blast From the Past

Year: 1984
Location
: T-203, Deseret Towers in Provo, Utah
Favorites: Sweaters, Cabbage Patch Dolls, White Shoulders perfume, artwork by Bessie Pease Gutmann, getting a perm every 6-8 weeks, trips to Arches National Park and Mexico with my Colloquium class, edited movies at Varsity Theater
Claims to Fame
: I had a computer (!) and a toolbox in my dorm room

When I arrived for freshman orientation at BYU, I had no idea who my roommate would be. She turned out to be a friendly, outgoing girl from Georgia. We became good friends and I had a blast my freshman year at college. Tammy and I were close during all our years at BYU and later were bridesmaids for each other. We both have 3 boys and 1 girl and our daughters are the same age and share a name. Last year both of us lost a parent. Her father died in June and my mom passed away in October. So much has changed over the years, but when Tammy and I get together she is still the same great friend you see in the picture below! She also happens to have a birthday this week and I want to wish Tammy a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Love you!
I know some people have horror stories about their college roommates, but I will always be grateful for the blessing I received when I walked into that dorm room so many years ago.

2 comments:

Bryn said...

awesome!!!!!!Happy birthday tammy! just awesome in almost all aspects, the hair, the friendship! blessed indeed. Sorry you both lost a parent but it sounds like it is so good to have each other during this time,

Unknown said...

We were both very blessed our freshman year and still. I consider you my sister from another mother. I love you and am so thankful for you, you are such an influence for good and I still aspire to be like you. We looked pretty good in those pictures, oh to be so skinny again. How are you doing with your Mom? I still have moments about Dad and have decided I will always have bittersweet memories and moments. I can't believe that in two days it will be 10 months, that blows me away. Thank you for the birthday wishes, I am now halfway to 90, but my body feels more like 2/3's there. Thank you for the sweet thoughts, I am excited to see you next week. Love you!!!!