Saturday, September 10, 2011

Summer Lowlights

The first half of our summer was fantastic and the second half had some highlights.  But late July and August were tough for me.  I was sick most of the time and spent my days in bed or on the couch.  That meant that our home kind of fell apart too.  Meals were sporadic and less healthy.  The house was messy and my usual summer organizing didn't happen. Worst of all, I couldn't bring myself to do two of my favorite things; I did very little walking or blogging.

Thankfully, I am starting to feel better now. (Don't worry, I'm not dying or anything and I'll share more about my health in another post.)  I am grateful that autumn is on the horizon.  Even though we won't see many falling leaves here in San Diego, I am ready for a new season.  We are getting back into our routines and I am slowly starting to tackle our overflowing closets, cupboards and bookshelves.  I am getting back into walking/training and I promise to blog more regularly!

My kids are looking forward to fall mainly because of Halloween.  Evan and I recently got in the mood for Halloween while grocery shopping.

On the way home from the store, we pulled up to a major intersection.  As we waited for the light to turn green, we noticed the woman next to us.  Her entire face was covered with white cream.  She was rubbing vigorously, but her skin was not absorbing the sunscreen (or lotion or face paint?) very well.  It was a strange sight, but I didn't laugh until the light changed and Evan said, "Zombie! The undead are rising."

I don't know about you, but personally I'm hoping for a zombie-free autumn!

4 comments:

Shonda said...

Oh boy do I have some low lights for this summer. :( I'm sorry you haven't been well, Melanie.

tawnya said...

I'm sorry you've been ill. I hate how that interrupts life! I hope you are feeling better.

Bryn said...

So sorry to hear about you not feeling well! I would have loved to bring over a meal for you and your family! Please call if you need anything!

jessica said...

Oh that was me!...just kidding;) I hope you do get to feeling better. Hang in there! Ditto to Bryn's comment. If you need anything, we are all here!