Saturday, September 17, 2011

What's For Dinner?

We had a bunch of fresh lemons, so Marianne and I went looking for recipes.  We found a good one here and decided to try it for dinner.  It is light and yummy as the main dish with a salad.  It would also be good as a side dish. 

Pasta with Lemon and Garlic
  • 1 pound of pasta
  • 2 teaspoons of garlic - minced
  • 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese - freshly grated
  • 1/2 cup of parsley - chopped
  • 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons of lemon zest (I used more)
  • 3 tablespoons of olive oil
  •  salt and pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain the pasta and set aside. Using the pot you cooked the pasta in, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the garlic to the oil and fry it, until you can smell it cooking, about 15 seconds.Turn off the heat. Add the lemon juice and zest to the pot. Put the pasta back in the pot with the oil mixture.  Add chopped parsley and toss together with tongs.

Serve with lots of parmesan cheese, salt and freshly ground pepper. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.

In other news:  My dishwasher is in!  The installer sneezed about 12 times in a row at one point.  I have never heard anyone sneeze that much at one time!   I couldn't decide if that meant my kitchen was dusty (I cleaned before he came!) or if there was something seriously wrong with him.   I am guessing the later, because he also talked to himself in a loud voice the entire time.

This is probably the wrong story to include in a recipe post.  Sorry!  It did all happen in my kitchen on the same day, so it's related--at least in my mind.

2 comments:

Bryn said...

That's funny! Recipe sounds good!

jessica said...

Sounds delicious...you have me craving lemon squares...