Wednesday, February 2, 2011

So Many Quotes, So Little Space!

I love finding great quotations in the books I read! In order to remember these quotes and share them with you, I am listing them on the sidebar. However, I notice the box is already getting too long and it's only the 2nd of February! So I have decided to change them out monthly. I will archive the previous month's quotes for future reference.

Before I get rid of my January quotes, I want to share one from a book I almost forgot I read last month! A couple of weeks ago we went to see Voyage of the Dawn Treader. When we got home, I stayed up late re-reading the book to see exactly how it compared with the movie. One of my favorite quotes from this book reminds me exactly why I love to read (and re-read) all of C.S. Lewis' books, but especially the Narnia series.
"I will not tell you how long or short the way will be; only that it lies across a river. But do not fear, for I am the great Bridge Builder. . . . But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
Just as those in Narnia learn to love and follow the great lion Aslan, we work daily to know and follow our Savior. It is preparation for the great and dreadful day when we will see Him face to face. The Chronicles of Narnia are fairy tales, but they are full of symbols, allusions and spirit that remind me of Jesus Christ and help me on the path to come unto Him.

1 comment:

jessica said...

Good Reads has a quote widget that cycles through all of your favorite quotes. I don't know if that is quite what you're looking for, but then you won't have to worry about space:)