Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Creative Creations

Our Valentine's Day was full of creativity!

One of my students gave me an early Valentine's gift.
First he handed me a paper box.
Then he showed me what happened when he opened it.
It turned into this cool rose!

Evan was inspired . . .

and he filled our house with origami roses of all sizes and colors!


Besides her Valentine cookies, Marianne made some beautiful cards.


Here's what mine looked like inside.

John created a happy wife by bringing home roses
and a happy family by bring home chocolate covered strawberries
and taking us all out to dinner.

I made cards for my family and little gift boxes full of chocolate.
Here is the card I made for my mom.

I also made raspberry muffins. The recipe is so easy and delicious I want to share it.
I highly recommend eating them while they are still warm.

Raspberry Oatmeal Muffins

1/2 cup oats
1 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cups flour (I used half wheat & half white)
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 egg
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, not thawed

In one bowl combine oats and buttermilk
(Did you know you can make a easy substitute for buttermilk
by adding a tablespoon of lemon juice to regular milk and letting it sit?)
Let stand 5-10 minutes

In another bowl mix other dry ingredients.

Beat egg, stir in brown sugar and oil. Blend.
Stir in oats mixture, then flour.
Gently fold in raspberries.

You can add a bit of brown sugar as a topping if desired.

Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.

No comments: