Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sweet Sunday - Bonus Edition!

Today at church I approached a friend of mine. She had made a generous donation to my fund raising efforts for breast cancer research and I wanted to thank her. But I was also a little worried, because I noticed she had made two donations of the same amount. I was concerned that perhaps she had hit "submit" twice. When I asked her about it, she explained that she had made a donation for each of her young daughters. She nearly made me cry and it gave me hope for a world where our daughters don't have to live in fear of breast cancer.

And now . . . here comes the bonus part of the post!

I didn't have a chance to blog about all of the sweet things from last Sunday. We got to spend some time with family. We sang a belated "Happy Birthday" to John while he ate his cherry pie.


We even got a picture of 5 generations, since my grandma was visiting for the weekend.


A big thanks to my Aunt Muff (no that's not her real name, but isn't it cute?) and Uncle Paul for bringing my grandma to see us. She and grandma were happy to see my mom's headstone and bring flowers to the cemetery.


And as yet another bonus, here's something I haven't seen often enough in the past few months--my dad smiling and being silly. He looks especially proud of the snack he chose. Now you know exactly who buys those giant tubs of cheese balls at Costco.

"And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours." D & C 78:18

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I just have to tell you that you and your husband are so cute together. During sacrament I looked over at you guys and thought, "What a cute couple. I hope Jordan and I will still want to sit next to each other and hold hands when are little ones are bigger." :)

Melanie said...

Thanks Jessica! We didn't have any kids sitting with us yesterday which was kind of weird, but kind of nice!

ferntyler said...

I love those cheese puffs - we buy them occasionally, too - I would buy them more, but I could probably eat the whole thing myself :)

Melanie said...

Well they claim to be made with real cheese, but I'm skeptical. Maybe it's like the drinks that say "contains real fruit juice" since they have 2 percent juice.