Friday, May 30, 2008

Our anniversary

Twenty-one years ago today, we were married in the Los Angeles Temple.
John was so nervous that he didn't get any sleep the night before.
I was so uptight that I didn't really enjoy the luncheon and the reception.

Fortunately we have have great pictures to remind us of what a wonderful day it really was!
We had a fabulous honeymoon in Hawaii. During our week on the islands, our good friends were married in the Hawaii temple. It was wonderful because we could really focus and listen to the sealer because we weren't the ones getting married. It was also fun to be a bridesmaid & a groomsman less than week after our own wedding.

Marrying John was the best decision of my life. He is exceedingly kind, patient and gentle. I am so blessed to be married to a man who is a devoted husband and father. John is another example of the power of one. His love and influence have have made all the difference in my life.

Here is the picture I promised of my cousin Heather as a cute little flower girl. Jenny was a lovely 13 yo maid of honor.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy Anniversary Melanie and John!

I'm making you a new anniversary mix since you got rid of the old wedding one I made you. I've grown up a little bit in the last 21 years, but don't worry. The new mix will be in the same spirit as the old one!

averett's said...

Happy Anniversary! I absolutly loved that dress! I used to wear it every chance I had! I still remember your wedding day because my parents drove all six kids from Utah in the motor home! Great memories now but awful at the time! You guys are such a cute couple!

Melanie said...

Jenny - Thanks for the playlist. I like it a lot better than the original. I don't know if it's different or if I'm just more nostalgic.

Heather - That must have been quite a trip in the motor home. John's sister also brought her kids in a motor home. You should have had a caravan from Utah!!

Laura said...

Happy anniversary you guys! I love the pictures!

Bryn said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

ferntyler said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the pictures - you would never guess you were sleep deprived or uptight - you both look calm as cucumbers and happy as can be :)

Annalisa said...

happy belated anniversary...such fun memories of wedding days and receptions. love the smiles!!