Do you celebrate May Day?
I loved it as a child. My mom helped us make paper cones with ribbon handles. We filled our "baskets" with candy and flowers from the yard. It was lilac season and the sweet fragrance was everywhere. Then came my favorite part: we'd hang the baskets on our neighbor's door, ring the bell and run!
The arrival of spring isn't such a big event in sunny southern California, but Marianne still loves to celebrate May Day. Here she is with some baskets she made for her friends. Scrapbook paper makes it easy to make really cute baskets!I think we need more holidays like May Day. There's no cooking, shopping, preparation or stress involved. It's a chance to focus on the beauty of spring time and let our friends know we love them. I wish I'd had time to visit each of your doorsteps today!
4 comments:
What a fun way to celebrate May Day:) I want to try this next year. The baskets look very cute:)
Iv'e never even heard of May Day but I am so doing it next year!!
Very, very cute!! We have so much in common! :)
Yah for May Day!!
Post a Comment