Thursday, October 13, 2011

This quote explains why . . .

I love blogging and reading blogs.
I am not particularly interested in Facebook.
I made time yesterday for an hour long phone conversation with a friend who has moved away.
my kids loved visiting with their grandma.
listening with your whole heart is so important.
you can be very productive even if you are old, sick or bedridden.
we are admonished to keep a journal.
it is exciting to read accounts from our family history.
some talks are more interesting than others.


"To listen to a person's stories is to learn their feelings and experiences and values and habits of mind, and to learn them all at once and all together. . . [O]ur stories are what make us human, and listening to some else's stories--entering into their feelings, validating their experiences--is the highest way of acknowledging their humanity, the sweetest form of usefulness."  William Deresiewicz

No comments: