Wednesday, October 19, 2011

This is it!

Today was the day I've been anticipating for over nineteen years.  Our Elder Aaron entered the Missionary Training Center and his mission has begun. He was able to visit with some family members last night and this morning he took a picture with his great grandma.  He immediately sent it to me before he headed off to the MTC with my Uncle Paul who was his companion for the morning.


Just before noon, I got a text from Aaron's phone that I knew was from my Uncle Paul.  It said, "He is in."  I was surprised at my reaction, but I immediately burst into tears.  I will miss my boy, but I know he is in the right place and I am thankful he is there.

Thanks to everyone who helped Elder Aaron on his journey to the MTC!

4 comments:

tawnya said...

It's wrong that I'm already dreading that day, right?

Happy 2 years to you all!

Bryn said...

What a great picture and I love the mountains in the background. Aaron will be an awesome elder. I can't wait to hear the news.

averett's said...

I am not going to lie, just reading your reaction brought a lump in my throat! It is such a great thing for him but so hard as a mom and I can't help but think how close we are to this as well! He will be a wonderful missionary! Love ya!

mamagale said...

I surprised myself by bursting into tears when mine came off the plane yesterday at the end of his two years. The transformation is a wonderful thing to behold--enjoy the blessings from his service and the two years will fly by!