Yesterday was Elder Aaron's first p-day (that's preparation day or a day off for missionaries). On p-day he has 30 minutes to get on the computer and email us! I was such a happy mom and I've read that email about 8 times.
The MTC (missionary training center) just started a new program for teaching Korean. The teacher speaks only Korean to them. They started learning Korean the first day and by the third day, they taught a lesson in Korean. Elder Aaron feels a bit "behind" since his companion took 2 semesters of Korean at BYU and the sisters in their district either lived in Korea or studied it in college. He wishes he could be taught the grammar formally instead of just picking it up, but I'm sure that will come with time. There are only 6 missionaries in his district, 2 elders and 4 sisters.
He also went to the Provo temple yesterday which made him very happy. I know he loved the opportunity to get outside on the walk there too. He says the only time he goes outside is to get from one building to another. That has got to be hard on my nature loving boy!
Here's your Korean lesson for the day: Do you know how to pronounce "elder" in Korean? According to Elder Aaron it is "Changoneem." I think I'll stick with English.
No comments:
Post a Comment