Yesterday I posted a recipe that calls for a package of taco seasoning. I quit buying those expensive little packages years ago when I found a better alternative. I use my own spices and I like knowing exactly what is going in my food!
Here is the recipe adapted from a Make-A-Mix cookbook. It makes enough to season about a pound of meat. I don't usually measure this precisely, but it will get you started.
2 teaspoons minced dried onion
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 comments:
I wish I had this recipe years ago when I used to use those packets. Now I buy taco seasoning in a large container at Costo for pretty cheap. I better do some price comparisons to see if I can make it from scratch for cheaper. I go through a lot of taco seasoning at my house.
Holly,
I have tried buying the Costco taco seasoning, but it seemed to get old before we could use it all. I guess we don't use it often enough. I do use lots of the individual spices, so that works better for me. I do buy quite a few of my spices at Costco. Thank goodness because they can get pricey!
Post a Comment