BUT, I don't do it very often. Why else would I have four children?
This morning I decided that I needed to turn all the cushions on my sofa and loveseat. It seemed like a good time to clean out the pencils and wrappers that breed under there and vacuum up the crumbs and lint. Aaron came downstairs on his way to work and asked, "Did you lose something Mom?" Then he hesitantly added, "Or are you just vacuuming?"
Despite my son's doubt, I finished the task and (since no one else was home to accept the chore assignment) decided to start on the carpet. The vacuum cleaner began making one of those funny noises and I realized it was time to empty the canister. Unfortunately, I've never emptied it before. I am a pro at the old-school vacuum bag, but I once I removed the canister, I couldn't figure out how to open it. Surely it couldn't be that difficult. Then I broke off the handle. Now I have a broken vacuum and a dirty carpet.
How dare my kids head off to work, EFY and scout camp at a time like this!
1 comment:
I've never emptied mine before either. And I don't even have children who can do it for me. I leave it conspicuously in Greg's walkways until he does it for me. Ha!
Post a Comment