Saturday, June 4, 2011

My Life As a Movie Title

It was a Clint Eastwood movie my Grandpa loved, but this week it describes my life.

THE GOOD:
I walked 7.25 miles yesterday and 8 miles today. That may not be much for you runners, but it's good for me!

THE BAD:
Our dog Roxy has suddenly become deaf as a result of antibiotics. We are hoping it is temporary, but it is not looking good.

AND THE UGLY:
I got a personalized fitting and spent $85 dollars on new walking shoes and after one short walk, I HATE them. My ankles are actually bruised. I pulled the old ones out of the trash can to wear until I work up the courage to see if the store does refunds/exchanges.

As a bonus, this one has yet to be categorized as good, bad or ugly. I'll wait and see how it turns out:
I recently chose two books to read based on reviews. It turns out that both of them have underlying themes that directly relate to my life. None of this was mentioned in the reviews and I really didn't want to deal with these issues right now. I guess God had other plans.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

If you went to a running store, like Road Runner, they will take the shoes back. I am pretty sure if you had a fitting and paid that amount that they will, even if from another store. I bought some high priced tennis shoes a few years ago and they were horrible. I was so nervous to try to return/exchange them. When I finally got the courage to go to the store, they were so kind of understanding.

Melanie said...

Thanks Jessica. Yes it was a running store and John told me the same thing.

Bryn said...

Don't you love those "other plans"? Can't wait to read the post on that. Good luck with the shoes. I hope the deafness will go away! Congrats on walking that far. Go melanie! I am cheering you on!!!