But this post really isn't about Visiting Teaching! A few months ago, I came across some handouts Mom made for the sisters in her ward. I kept them because they reminded me of Mom and her love of quilting. But yesterday when I pulled them out, I paid attention to the words. I felt like it was a message from Mom--a message that she wanted me to share with my family and friends.
So here it is. A message from Mom in her own writing.
*Cherish one another
*Visit regularly
*Be a friend
*Be prayerful
In fact, it is good advice for life in general!
Mom also made little bookmarks with this awesome quote:
"We must cherish one another, watch over one another, comfort one another and gain instruction that we may all sit down in heaven together." - Lucy Mack Smith
I suspect that when Mother Smith had something to say, people sat up and listened. I can't say I have always listened to my mom's advice, but I'm listening now. Thanks Mom. It's just what I needed to hear.
No comments:
Post a Comment