Friday, January 28, 2011

Anyone Want Nachos?

This morning I left my house for the first time since Sunday. This afternoon I arrived home feeling tired. I climbed out of my car with my arms full of bags. Too full I guess, because I dropped a bottle of salsa. It shattered all over the cement--a mess of tomatoes, glass and driveway dirt.

I was surprised by the crash of breaking glass, but I was even more surprised by my reaction. I didn't feel upset or frustrated. I just cleaned up the mess with a bit of help from Evan.

Now I'm pondering . . . .

Am I becoming more patient?
Have a learned to master my emotions?
Is this a new, calmer me?
Have I cleaned up so many messes that it just doesn't phase me anymore?
Did I run out of energy?
or was it just a fluke?

I don't know the answer, but I do know that I found two other bottles of salsa in my cupboard. Best of all, we have plenty of tortilla chips!

1 comment:

tawnya said...

I'm glad you're feeling better and have plenty of chips and salsa!