I'm staying with my parents for a few days while my Mom is recovering from knee replacement surgery. I've learned some good lessons:
1. Cooking dinner isn't really such a big deal. I've been amazed at how quickly I can whip up a meal for my parents.
I realize that the challenge is trying to:
answer the phone
help a child practice the piano
solve an algebra equation
answer the door
clean up someone's snacktime mess
pick up your son from baseball practice
all while making dinner!!
2. Satin sheets and wood floors are a must when you're over 60.
3. The older I get the more fun my parents are to talk to!
4 comments:
Sounds like alot of fun! I forget how enjoyable cooking can be.
Hope all went well with your mom's knee surgery.
My Mom is doing well and making great progress. She is already looking forward to having her other knee done in a few months. It is major surgery, but it is still better than the pain she has had in her knees for the past few years.
Glad to hear your mom is doing good. My knee was hurting...last night...and so afraid this in my future. The obesity has taken such a toll on my body! Tell your mom hi, and yes, I am sure taking care of your mom felt like a vacation!!!! I am not sure why I even make dinner, since no one ever eats it!
Post a Comment