Saturday, February 16, 2008

El Toro of Love

El Toro of Love
No, that's not my nickname for John, it's the name of this funny stuffed animal I gave to Evan for Valentine's Day. When you press his foot he starts moving and talking about jalepenos. He ends his declaration of love with "SPICY"!!
We had a very eventful Valentine's Day. Here are a few highlights:
  • Aaron called his Dad on my cell phone. John answered it with "Hello Valentine. I love you." Aaron must have been dumbstruck because he didn't say a word. John was a little worried at what he thought was my complete silence, until Aaron finally said, "Dad, it's Aaron."
  • I had a great time with my TJYC scholars. Every Thursday I teach a group of homeschool students about leadership. This week we had a very interesting discussion about diplomacy and whether or not Hitler was diplomatic. Some of the other "diplomats" the youth told us about were Bono of U2, Eleanor Roosevelt, Condoleeza Rice, Raoul Wallenberg and Benjamin Franklin.
  • Marianne planned a Valentine get-together with some of our homeschool friends. Unfortunately, Thursday turned out to be very cold, windy & rainy. Fortunately, the torrential downpour ended just in time for us to huddle beneath the park pavillion and quickly exchange valentines before heading back to our cars. It was definitely a Valentine's Day we won't forget.
  • Despite a cold, Ryan went out on a Valentine date. I suggested he stay home, but he couldn't stay home on Valentine's Day. The next morning he came close to telling me I was right!! He actually said, "You know Mom, I probably should have stayed home last night."
  • We spent Valentine's evening with my parents and left Marianne & her cousin Emma there to help care for my Mom over the weekend.
  • I get an extended Valentine celebration. John is working a convention downtown this weekend & I get to join him. It is wonderful to have some time alone with my Valentine!!

2 comments:

LaRae said...

That is an eventful Valentine's Day. My favorite was Aaron's call to John on your cell phone! Funny! Hope you enjoyed your time alone w/ your Valentine & I hope your mom is doing better. I'll bet Emma & Marianne loved getting to help Grannie Annie!

Melanie said...

The girls had a great time & I'm sure they were much more fun than me. They made cards & performed skits for Grannie Annie!