Planning a flight with a toddler? Never, I repeat, never bring a carseat on the plane. Unless of course you want to be miserable, annoy/enrage other passengers and incur the wrath of an obsessive flight attendant. That's all I'm going to say about the flight home.
It is great to be home! We got in lots of walking during our site-seeing and museum-going, but nothing beats early morning walks with my sister. The cacti even bloomed to welcome us home.
I also finally received a Mother's Day gift that I requested. My family have me two of Brian Kershisnik's prints for Christmas. "She Will Find What is Lost" has been hanging in my living room ever since and I love looking at it every day. I love the other print too, but "Nativity" wasn't framed, so I mentioned that I would love to have it framed for Mother's Day. It is beautiful and definitely worth the wait!
I don't think I mentioned this earlier, but when John and Evan headed to the emergency room in Chicago, Evan's GoPro was left in the taxi. Unfortunately, with all the stress of the situation, none of us could remember the name of the cab company. John paid cash, so there was no way to trace it. We tried calling dozens of cab companies, but nothing turned up. Evan was heartbroken. He had documented the entire trip and had thousands of pictures on the memory card that he was crushed to lose. We kept calling even after we got home, but the chances of finding it seemed slim to none.
Then Aaron had the bright idea to look on Reddit. Sure enough, there was a post about a GoPro found in a taxi. We made contact today and the camera is already headed our way. The girl we spoke to said, "My co-workers made fun of me for posting it on Reddit, but ha! It actually worked!" We are so grateful to her and to Aaron!
To top it all off, Evan got the chest tube removed today. It was very painful, but at least he's healing. For now that is. He may be having surgery soon, but that's a story for another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment