This Sunday doesn't feel quite so sweet. I learned early this morning that our dear friends' son Danny passed away last night in a car accident. We have know him since he was a boy in Primary. He and his wife Heather just had their first baby nearly 3 months early. I am praying that their entire family will be blessed with peace and comfort.
I am not sure what the funeral arrangements will be, but I hope that it will be a time for the family to share their memories of Danny and the great life he lived. A couple of years ago we stopped by Danny's apartment to pick up something for a friend. Danny and Heather welcomed us in. Evan was thrilled to see that they had a large fish tank. At the time Evan was really interested in fish and was starting his own aquarium. Danny was so kind to share his knowledge with Evan and give him some pointers about fish and how to care for them. He told Evan to call him any time he had any questions. John and Evan did call him from the pet store a couple of times and he was happy to help. Danny was always so friendly and ready to help!
He will be missed by so many people. Here is something I read recently by Elder Dallin H. Oaks from a conference talk entitled Powerful Ideas.
"A life is not a trivial thing, and its passing should not be memorialized with trivial things. A funeral service is a time to speak of powerful ideas—ideas that can appropriately stand beside the importance of life, ideas that are powerful in their influence on those who remain behind."
We are praying for all those who remain behind.
4 comments:
nice post... am praying to and holding my own children a little tighter tonight.
Oh my gosh, my heart breaks for the Hainline Family. They are such an amazing family.
Oh, man. That is rough. I'm so sorry!
Danny will be missed by all. What an honor it was to know him. Thanks again for picking up my stuff :)
Post a Comment