Let's face it. Some days are pretty rotten. So when a really good day comes along, I think it is important to notice and be thankful. Blogging about it helps me remember and have hope when I'm in the middle of a rotten day (or week or month.)
1:30 AM - Aaron is home from BYU! Before I went to bed around midnight, I decided to leave on all the Christmas lights: the tree, the garlands on our stairs and even the outside lights. I wake up when I hear Aaron downstairs and head down to see my boy. I give him a hug and he gives me a big smile saying, "It's Christmas!"
9:00 AM - Molly and Brianne join us for church. It is a special treat to have them at our ward!
9:30 AM - Evan and Marianne sing in the ward choir.
9:45 - Marianne accompanies the choir on her flute. It is lovely!
10:30 - Playing in the nursery. Is this really a calling?!
12:30 - At home with the family. Playing with cute Brianne.
1:30 - Realize we don't have dessert for our family party. Oops!
2:00 - A friend stops by with blond brownies and chocolate ganache. Yum!
2:30 - Our home teacher drops off a pumpkin roll. Double yum!
3:00 - I remember the chocolate covered cinnamon bears hidden in my closet.
4:00 - My dad and my sister and her family arrive.
5:00 - Dinner, (plenty of) dessert and visiting
6:30 - Ryan arrives after work! Our whole family is together.
7:00 - Carols, gifts and this Christmas story.
8:45 - Goodbyes, hugs and kisses
9:15 - Grab our umbrella and take a walk through the neighborhood to see Christmas lights.
10:00 - I blog while John & the kids watch Home Alone 2.
12:07 - It's now Monday morning and everyone is still awake. Must be Christmas vacation!
1 comment:
So happy to hear you had such a wonderful day!! Better yet so good of you to blog about it, it's easy to get on and complain about life but i loved hearing about your wonderful day! Have a merry Christmas!
Post a Comment