If you missed these books last year, be sure to check them out this Christmas!

Angela and the Baby Jesus by Frank McCourt is great fun to read aloud, especially if you can pull off an Irish accent! Who can resist the story of little Angela who steals the baby Jesus from the nativity display in St. Joseph's church? She only wants to warm him up, and if he'll cooperate she'll let him rest in her bed. This book is the perfect balance of sweet and funny. Your teenagers and maybe even your husband will listen!

It feels like Christmas the moment you pick up Kate DiCamillo's Great Joy . The metallic gold endpapers let you know this book is something special. This is the story of Frances who really understands the meaning of Christmas. The lovely illustrations take you right into 1940s. As you see the world through Frances' eyes, you'll want to decide what you can do to bring "great joy" to others at Christmas time. This story will remind you of the power of one
4 comments:
Wow Melanie, these both sound fantastic! I will be checking them out:)
I just got Angela and the baby Jesus in Stella's school book order! I am excited to read it! Merry Christmas. I would love to send you a Christmas Card. Email me your address krissnyd@juno.com
Oh, I am going to have to get those books . . . you always have wonderful suggestions.
Oh I love good Christmas books! Thanks for the recommendations. Oh and we enjoyed your Christmas card - thanks for including us.
Post a Comment