1. is totally into watching Gilligan's Island online?
It all started when Evan was assigned the Gilligan's Island theme song as one of his piano pieces. He'd only seen a couple of episodes and he wanted more! TV Land didn't have what he was looking for, but a google search brought up several good alternatives. Last night I went upstairs to find all 3 kids on my bed watching those crazy castaways on my laptop.
2. practiced his/her instrument beautifully and without complaint?
Marianne often needs a little, shall we say "encouragement" to practice her flute. But yesterday she was ready to go with such a positive attitude. Her happy, upbeat spirit really came through in the beautiful music she played. I love listening to her!
3. loved the No-bake cookies we made for FHE?
All 3 kids! After all, who doesn't love no-bake cookies? (And my peanut butter hating sister doesn't count!)
4. begged to have his/her back scratched?
Here's my confession: I like getting backrubs, but I HATE giving them. I feel guilty about it, so I try to be loving, but my heart really isn't in it. My kids usually turn to dad for a good back rub. For some reason after FHE, everyone wanted their back scratched and John was busy doing the taxes. So I did it cheerfully. Aren't you proud of me?
5. is totally into bird watching and looking up birds in the field guide?
100% Evan. He carries the field guide with him everywhere and he's been listening to bird calls on line. He even likes to give me quizzes about various birds. Aaron asked him if he wants to become an ornithologist. Now there's a good vocabulary word!
6. read the entire New Era cover to cover?
Well, it was Aaron, but only because it earned him seminary makeups. Did you see that the April issue is totally focused on dating?
7. gobbled up a Chipotle burrito and then wasn't hungry for dinner?
Once again, Aaron. He doesn't eat much fast food, but he LOVES Chipotle.
Can you guess who is waiting for me to finish this post so we can go to bed? Good night!
3 comments:
I'm with Marianne. I didn't understand that each item done could be a different child. I thought one child did them all. Thanks for the clarification.
I totally understood and I was close on most of my guesses! All such cool things to remember about them :)
I get it...and a fun post! I love that all your kids were watching the castaways. My kids are always glued to Brady Bunch. Oh the memories!
Post a Comment