Evan turned 12 today.
He's right on the edge of childhood
and starting a climb
I'm not sure I'm ready for.

He's right on the edge of childhood
and starting a climb
I'm not sure I'm ready for.
Fortunately he has good friends to
hang out with along the way
and his father and big brother
are there to lead the way and
help him along when the climb is tough.
Yes, Evan had a great birthday today! He made his own cake this morning and went to In-N-Out for lunch. This afternoon John and Aaron took Evan and two friends rock climbing. Evan got phone calls from his cousins, his grandparents, his brother Ryan and sil Molly, his cousin Josh and his buddy Matthew who moved last month. He loved all the building sets he got, but it was the new DS game that captured his attention tonight. Although he didn't get the field sparrow he's been asking for (and trying to trap), he did get a great surprise from the Bakers and Grandma and Grandpa--a beautiful blue parakeet. He's still working on a name.
Would you like to cast your vote to help him choose?
- Calvin
- Hobbes
- Apollo
- Jeffrey/Jeff
- Scott/Scotty
- Charlie
18 comments:
Scott.
Happy Birthday Evan! I like the name Jeffrey the best!
WhY a fun day! I vote for Charlie - it just seems right!
Charlie.
Happy Birthday Evan. I think he looks like appollo in his usa skating suit.
I like the names Calvin and Jeffrey.
Hey Evan I think "Charlie" suits him. It's also easy to say. Maybe you can teach him to say it! Love, Grandma
Happy Birthday Evan! Looks like a great birthday and a beautiful bird! I really like Calvin:)
Happy birthday Evan. I like Apollo and Charlie. I can't decide.
I like Apollo and Charlie. I am so into Percy Jackson right now that's it biased.
Happy Birthday Evan! Stay Great!
Happy birthday my dearest cousin Evan. I would like to vote on Charlie or Apollo. Good bye Evan, this is from Cammi.
happy birthday Evan. I like Apollo.bye
I am partial to the name Charlie, of course, but I think I like Scotty the best for that blue bird! Too bad Greg isn't in scouts anymore with the 12 year olds. But happy birthday!
Hey, you're back... you were private for a bit, no? Anywho, glad to catch up on the goings on! My vote is for Calvin!
Rock climbing...now that is the way to spend a birthday!! Apollo or Charlie sound good.
Dude! I can't believe your 12 already!!! I remember when we were in art together and you were tiny!! Happy birthday!
I vote apollo!!!
Dude I LOVE charlie or calvin. I think if Waldo was on the Name List Alec would TOTALLY vote Waldo. HAPPY B-DAY
Dude I LOVE charlie or calvin. I think if Waldo was on the Name List Alec would TOTALLY vote Waldo. HAPPY B-DAY
Post a Comment