Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Favorite Recipe

Can we chat for a minute? I know that all of us feel "Down" from time to time. But sometimes it's even worse than that! Have you ever been depressed? Let's have a show of hands. If I could look out through my screen, I suspect I'd see quite a few raised hands out there. Some of us have experienced mild or even severe depression. Sometimes it's "situational" where something bad happened to bring us down and sometimes we can't quite figure out why, but we have the blues nonetheless.

For most of my life, I've been able to pull myself up by my bootstraps and get back in the saddle pretty quickly. (Okay, I'm not Pioneer Woman, so I'll stop the cowboy analogies.) But over the past few years, it has taken much more work for me to overcome the down times. I almost hate to admit it, but I feel like this extra work is actually making me stronger. I didn't ask for it, and I don't especially like it, but hard work is good for me, right?!

I know that when we work hard, the Lord blesses us. Maybe not in exactly the way we asked, but often in an even better way. I was recently blessed to find something wonderfully inspiring. It's something I want to print out and keep in my scriptures, or put up on my fridge, or tape on my mirror, or tattoo on my . . . (wait, scratch that last one!)

This isn't a guilt trip or a list of ways to "cheer up", instead it is a two page recipe for choosing joy over depression! Like any recipe, it takes work. But the results are delicious!
To follow this recipe, you'll need to focus on specific choices in 4 dimensions:
  • Thoughts
  • Behavior
  • Spirituality
  • Relationships
Click here for my new favorite recipe by Carrie Wrigley.

You may not need it right now, but you never want to pass up a wonderful recipe, do you? Take a look, print it out, share it with a friend, or save it for later. Enjoy!

3 comments:

ferntyler said...

I really needed that this morning - your blog is on of those happy, positive things for me!

Bryn said...

That's really good stuff. Thanks.

Jessica said...

I just love reading your blog. It always makes me smile and chuckle (when appropriate) :) Thank you :)