As a child, I LOVED April 1st. Mainly because it gave me permission to play jokes on my brother Scott. I was a very rules-oriented kid. I wasn't a practical joker because that usually involved lying or breaking some kind of rule. But on April Fool's Day, it was okay. In fact, you were SUPPOSED to fool people.
So, I spent every March 31st planning a prank. One year I "sent" him a package from Hawaii with nothing but bricks inside. Another year I fooled with his favorite condiment, cinnamon sugar. I planned to add pepper to the mix, but the pepper spilled all over me and I ended up sneezing for about 20 minutes! One year we had friends visiting and we planned an elaborate hoax on our moms. Our story was that one of the kids had been climbing on the swing set and fell from the top. We had the "injured" child scream and then lay down "unconscious" on the ground. The rest of us acted really upset and someone ran to get the moms. We considered using fake blood as ketchup, but decided against it. Our trick was a huge success, except for the fact that our mothers didn't quite see the humor in it.
A few years ago, I made meatloaf cupcakes and pound cake "cheese" sandwiches. It was fun, but it didn't really fool anyone. One year Marianne put a raisin in the toothpaste tube and it was quite a "gross out" to Evan. My brother Jason once sent us an ultrasound picture announcing that they were pregnant. We were all impressed with his mad photoshop skills, but none of really believed him.
I guess I need to plan ahead and come up with something to make next April Fool's Day really memorable. Any ideas?
What is your favorite April Fool's trick?
2 comments:
I don't like April Fools Day at all! I am not a practical joker and don't like them pulled on me. I'm the kid that would cry when someone would jump out and scare me. I have to admit the raisin in the toothpaste is pretty funny, though!
I can never go through with it. I am a terrible liar for one and for two I feel bad tricking people. Oh well
Post a Comment