Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year - New Goals

So how are those New Year's Resolutions coming?

In case you need a bit of encouragement, I thought I'd let you know how Evan is doing with a couple of his.

After carefully reading his Christmas list, Santa brought Evan a unicycle. Sadly, the How to Ride A Unicycle book that Santa ordered online never arrived. (The good news is that today Santa received a refund on his credit card!) Fortunately, Evan has enough natural coordination, balance or whatever it takes to learn to ride a unicycle without a training manual. He can now ride for several blocks without falling. Our local unicycle-riding missionary (yes I'm serious, but since it's probably against mission rules I won't use his name) even came over to try it out and was impressed that Evan had learned so much in just a couple of weeks.


Santa also brought Evan an aquarium.
It is the perfect home for his new goldfish "Phelps" and also a great place to hold fish school.
Fortunately the fish school training kit was purchased well in advance by Mom and was not lost in the mail, so no credit card refunds were necessary.
Phelps seems to be nearly as talented as Evan the unicycle-rider because he has already learned how to swim through the hoop!


Evan can already check off two of his New Year Resolutions!
  • Learn to ride my unicycle
  • Train Phelps
But I think he has even higher goals. They both have a few more tricks to learn!

I hope you're making good progress with your goals. If not, you might want to buy a goldfish. They seem to be really fast learners.



P.S. I'm counting these as PE & science for our homeschool this week!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm impressed. Brandon got a unicycle for christmas on year, i think he was abour 13 or 14. He was really good at it too, must be in the zobrist blood! i love the fish school thing, my kids have been begging for a pet and this is the only kind we aren't allergic too!!

The Bradley's said...

The ever talented Evan never ceases to impress. Also good name for the fish.

jessica said...

You have some fun new talent emerging between Evan and the goldfish;)

ferntyler said...

These kids (and fish) are so quick to learn - love that focus!