Monday, January 12, 2009

Questions from Mom

Ryan was called to be a gospel doctrine teacher in his BYU-I ward.


Do you think it would be over the top to send a thank you note to his Bishop?

******************

Aaron finished his Eagle Scout project. He's been planning it for almost a year.


Do you think the write up will take another year?

*****************

Marianne has been making & photographing all kinds of yummy things.
(See her blog for more details.)

Do you think she'll load the dishwasher too?

**************

Evan went on this great fieldtrip organized by his devoted mother.

Do you think he'll practice the piano when I ask him to?

************

My children are now taking very unflattering photos of me.

Do you think they like this post?

7 comments:

Marianne said...

1.I'm sure I would have LOVED to load in the dishwasher but some other lucky Pearson got to it before I had a chance too! (That would be you!) :-)
2.I cleaned up my mess from the cupcakes I made last night,I helped set the table for dinner & I practiced my flute! (Aren't I such a great daughter you have? :-))
3. Did I like your blog post? Well I liked the stuff about me & I liked commenting on it so of course I liked your post!

Kristin said...

I love your post. Sometimes as mothers we have a thankless job. Someday they will appreciate all we have done for them!

Kim W said...

It was a universal post. You could put the name of any kid along side the chore of any week, and we've all asked the SAME things. Love your perspective! You make me smile!

LaRae said...

Great post Melanie! If I were you, I think I would send some of Marianne's cupcakes to Ryan's bishop!

Shonda said...

So Funny! That made me chuckle heartily as I sat here all by myself! :)

Kristin said...

Melanie,
I just wanted to let you know, I'm sorry I havn't gotten your banner to you, I kinda flaked!! I got a bunch of new paper today and I am working on it right now!! Actually I am working on THEM right now! i couldn't find very cute unisex paper and I found some paper that just screamed marianne so you are getting 2 a boy and a girl one!! I'll let you know when they get shipped so you can be looking for them!

ferntyler said...

they may not like it now (well, marianne did?) but they'll love it in like 15 years :) I was Gospel Doctrine teacher when I was away at college and it was my favorite calling (maybe just because it got me a lot of exposure with the men-folk in the ward?)