What makes you feel overwhelmed?
Often I feel this way when things are out of control
or beyond my control.
Today
Marianne got braces.
She came home with a sore mouth
and a scrape on the side of her face.
I got her a milkshake and some Tylenol,
but really there was nothing I could do.
Today
Ryan had a painful medical test.
He is hundreds of miles away from home
and I called him to offer support,
but really there was nothing I could do.
Today
John spent hours searching for a new job
but his phone interview fell through,
and really there was nothing I could do.
Today
we read Psalms and I knew
that when there is nothing I can do
He is always there
Doing what needs to be done.
Often I feel this way when things are out of control
or beyond my control.
Today
Marianne got braces.
She came home with a sore mouth
and a scrape on the side of her face.
I got her a milkshake and some Tylenol,
but really there was nothing I could do.
Today
Ryan had a painful medical test.
He is hundreds of miles away from home
and I called him to offer support,
but really there was nothing I could do.
Today
John spent hours searching for a new job
but his phone interview fell through,
and really there was nothing I could do.
Today
we read Psalms and I knew
that when there is nothing I can do
He is always there
Doing what needs to be done.
Psalm 61
When my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.
I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings.
For thou, O God, hast heard my vows:
thou hast given me the heritage of those that fear thy name.
So will I sing praise unto thy name for ever, that I may daily perform my vows.
Psalms 61 - My new favorite scripture
The power of one
just one minute spent reading just one verse
can make all the difference
Do you have a favorite scripture to share with me?
The power of one
just one minute spent reading just one verse
can make all the difference
Do you have a favorite scripture to share with me?





7 comments:
I always think of the scripture about how we won't be given more than we can handle - -those are all the kinds of things that make me feel overwhelmed, too. I would much rather have a long to do list than a bunch of things to think about and nothing to do about them!
D&C 6:36. Sometimes it's the only thing that keeps me sane.
Here's hoping for more grounding and less overwhelm-ness!
"Peace I give unto you, not as the world giveth ..." I have to say, I am writing this with teary eyes. I'm so grateful to have a connection with Heavenly Father when life gets "out of control". And I'm grateful for friends who remind me of that fact!
That was just beautiful. I can't believe how creative you are at such a frustrating time. Wow.
"And Jesus wept.." It's always ok to cry. I need that reminder sometimes.
Alma 38:5 is my favorite. I think mostly because...well, it says it better than I could:)
Thank you so much for sharing that, Melanie.
This is a great post & prompted me to go & read Psalms 61 for myself. My favorite scriptures seem to vary depending on what I am experiencing at a particular time. Right now, D&C 84:88 and D&C 88:67 are favorites for me!
I hope Marianne & Ryan are doing OK & that John finds a new job soon! Lots of love to you!
Post a Comment