The new year is almost here!
I'm looking forward to getting everything put away and my house back in order.
I'm ready to get back into our routine.
But first I need to say farewell to a few of my favorites.
These are some of the things I will miss the most over the next 12 months.
*Christmas cards*
Seeing all those beautiful faces and reading their stories
fills me with joy and hope for the new year.
I'm looking forward to getting everything put away and my house back in order.
I'm ready to get back into our routine.
But first I need to say farewell to a few of my favorites.
These are some of the things I will miss the most over the next 12 months.
*Christmas cards*
Seeing all those beautiful faces and reading their stories
fills me with joy and hope for the new year.
*Poinsettias*
I absolutely LOVE these flowers
(although Evan just informed me that it is actually the red LEAVES I like so much. The flower is just the little yellow center.)
*Christmas Photos*
This is my all-time, absolute favorite decoration.
I have framed pictures of my kids from every year since 1990.
I love getting these out every year.
My favorite decorations are ones that bring back memories.
Most of the ornaments on our tree were gifts from friends
or purchased to help us remember a special event or trip.
I made this nativity stocking when I was about 12.
I actually made stockings for my whole family, but I got a little worn out and I think my Mom ended up doing most of the work!
My sister-in-law Denise makes this fabulous (and very time-intensive!) jello every year.
The Christmas tree salad was something new for Christmas eve.
The Christmas tree salad was something new for Christmas eve.
*Sugar Cookies*
It just wouldn't be Christmas without them.
It just wouldn't be Christmas without them.
*Christmas pajamas*
My kids get these every year on Christmas eve.
I am grateful to my non-pajama-wearing big boys who humored me by wearing them for a photo and even put them back on for Christmas morning!
Marianne's are satiny with clouds all over.
You can't see Evan's "Frosty" pajama pants, but they're super cozy.
4 comments:
I love the Christmas photo decorations! What a fabulous idea! I love Christmas cards too. Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year!
What is the christmas tree salad star?
that tree salad is awesome!
The star is made out of mandarin oranges. I found this idea in an old Friend magazine and my family really liked it. Next year I need to put it on a pretty platter instead of an ugly cookie sheet!
Post a Comment