Wednesday, December 17, 2008

O Come Let Us Adore Him

It wouldn't be Christmas without the music!
I love the traditional carols, the fun jazzy tunes, the hymns that praise the Savior.

Tonight my whole family went to Symphony Hall for the Holiday Pops concert. Copley Hall is a beautiful historic theater and it was so much fun to be there with everyone!
Thanks to my sweet husband for planning ahead and getting us tickets several months ago.

I loved the selections from Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker.
Jingle Bell Rock took me back to 6th grade when our drill team performed.
The Hallelujah chorus from Handel's Messiah brought tears to my eyes.
My Mom especially loved the sing-a-long at the end.
She felt very blessed to sing praises to our Savior in a public setting!
My Grandma loved hearing the orchestra play the Christmas polka.

Jenny, Grandma, Mom & Me

Grandma and Evan were definitely the best dressed for Christmas.
Grandma wore a very cute necklace with little light up Christmas bulbs.
Evan made his own lighted Santa hat.
It looks rather Harry Potterish in this picture, but that's what you get with a cell phone camera.
His hat was very festive and he received many compliments.

Here's hoping your Christmas is filled with wonderful music!
What are your favorites? I'd love to hear any recommendations.

6 comments:

The Bradley's said...

I love those kind of concerts. I'm so glad you got to attend and have a wonderful time.

dawnae said...

Wow what a concert hall that is! Beautiful. I think silent night and o holy night are my favorite...but really I love them all! Grandma looks like she is having a good time, that is good! If i don't talk to you before Christmas, Merry Christmas, and thanks for the card and letter, look forward to it every year!

Kristy said...

I love holiday concerts. That is great that Grandma Zobrist could go with you! Is she spending Christmas in California?

Melanie said...

It is really fun to have Grandma here over the holidays. She's staying with my parents until after Christmas.

LaRae said...

That sounds like so much fun! Christmas music really contributes to the feel of the season. Lately I have been enjoying my quiet afternoons when I put Ben for a nap then play Christmas music while I work in the kitchen. I guess that's over now since tomorrow is 1/2 day of school & then we're out till New Year's. Oh well - it was great while it lasted. Lately my favorite Christmas albums are Hillary Weeks and Jewel.

tawnya said...

I would give you my favorites, but it's usually met with...um, a little trepidation!

Fun concert. Merry Christmas!