There's a special feeling I get at Christmas time. It's a certain joy, excitement and anticipation that I don't feel at any other time of the year. Here are a few of my favorite ways to get that "Christmas Feeling"
- Listening to Chrismas music like this (click to listen, the foreign subtitles are a bonus!)
- Making gifts for my family
- Giving gifts anonymously
- Sitting by the light of my Christmas tree
- Reading Christmas stories
Here are a few stories from my childhood that never fail to get me in the mood for Christmas.

As a child I never thought there was anything strange about this story of the moles who want a telescope from the Fat Man in the Red Suit and risk death to wait for him.
Maybe I related to their glasses, having worn them since I was 3 years old.
The illustrations are so cute that you'll find yourself saying,
"Hey, even moles deserve a Christmas present!"
This is another one that makes me feel nostalgic.

Santa Mouse was published the year I was born.
My copy was torn and missing the cover, but
I got a shiny new copy this year. The endpapers aren't as pretty, but the illustrations and rhymes are as sweet as ever.
Okay, this one isn't really from my childhood, but it could have been.

First published in 1958, this is a children's classic. My kids want me to read it every year.
Who wouldn't love a book written in first person by Petey the puppy?
I hope you've got that Christmas feeling, whatever it takes!
3 comments:
Oh, I LOVE Santa Mouse!
I've always know you have great taste Tawnya!
This isnt really a book from my childhood, but it is SO funny! It's called how Murray Saved Christmas, or something like that. It's all rhyming and make me laugh every time I read it!
Post a Comment