Friday, November 21, 2014

Our Little Kitten

Lavender is such a busy girl that it wasn't until very recently that she would sit down and watch a whole movie. Two year olds tend to obsess over their favorite movie and Lavender is no different. We are just grateful that Evan introduced her to a movie that we all like.  We don't mind hearing the theme song over and over.  Lavender is in love with "The Aristocats."  She wants to watch it nearly every day and she loves to sing "Everybody wants to be a Cat."  Now she has involved the whole family in her play. She assigns each of us a role.

"You be Roquefort the mouse and you be Toulouse" she'll say.

She always gets to be Marie and I am usually Duchess, Marie's mother.  Fortunately, I have Duchess's accent down pat.

She plays her role well.  Yesterday I asked her to hold out her hands so I could wash them.  "Marie has paws," she gently corrected.

Evan or Aaron is usually assigned to play Edgar, the butler turned bad guy.

"You be Edgar the bad guy" she'll say.  "Try to get me!" she squeals as she runs off.  "Save me Duchess! Edgar is sending me to Timbuktu!"

When we get her a drink of almond milk she even tells us that it tastes like "Creme de la creme a la Edgar."  Then she yawns and says she's getting sleepy.  If only we had the recipe that Edgar spiked with sleeping pills.  It sure would come in handy at bedtime!"

"Marie" was not very cooperative when I asked for a picture.
"You don't need to see my eyes," she explained.

"Here's Edgar the bad guy, right here."

And yes, she watches the VHS tape in our DVD/VCR combo.
We're totally vintage.

No comments: