About ten days ago my Dad went in to have his hearing aid adjusted and he experienced some chest pain. It wasn't too severe, but they offered to call an ambulance and he agreed. He spent several days in the hospital while they did various tests. His blood pressure was unstable, but they couldn't really find anything wrong. One doctor even suggested that he'd just eaten too many tomato products and wanted to send him home. Given his family history, that was just ridiculous! Fortunately, Carolyn insisted they get to the bottom of it!
Last Monday they did an angiogram and anticipated doing angioplasty. Instead, they found serious blockage in multiple places. Dad had bypass surgery on Wednesday and they found another surprise. In addition to the five bypasses, they needed to take care of a two inch aneurysm on his aorta! He spent the rest of the week in ICU and was just transferred to a regular room.
It is not easy to recover from such a major surgery, but Dad is working hard. I am grateful he went to the hospital when he had chest pain even though he felt like it wasn't really necessary. I am so grateful that Carolyn was his advocate and kept pressing for answers. I am grateful the surgeon was able to take care of the bypasses and that aneurysm before disaster struck.
I am grateful my Dad is on the (rough and bumpy) road to recovery. Love you Dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment