The title is a good description of our day--and not just because we went to the Adler Planetarium!
Before our trip, Evan learned about an event at the planetarium called "Civic Hack Day." He signed up for two workshops and earned us all free admission. I thought it was brave of him. I never would have done something like that at his age! He spent the day with local teens and had a great time. He especially enjoyed the Rube Goldberg challenge.
One of the employees was nice enough to let John, Lavender and I into one of the space shows for free. Then John headed to work while Janey and I explored the museum. I am so grateful that they have an amazing children's wing! It is the best I've ever seen in any museum. She spent hours playing and we didn't cover it all!
Evan joined us for lunch and I tried to get a picture of the kids touching a moon rock. I never know what face she'll pull when I ask her to smile! We closed down the museum and then joined the crowds outside for a selfie with the skyline view. There were lots of wedding parties and prom goers getting their pictures taken on this beautiful afternoon/evening.
Evan put our exhausted girl to bed while John and I went out to celebrate our 27th anniversary. We ate a great meal at the Walnut Room in Macy's. We have fond memories of eating there with Susan and Dave (John's sister and brother-in-law) when we took a trip together back in 2009 (I think I've got the year right!?)
The restaurant isn't quite the same without the giant Christmas tree, but it was still beautiful! I loved spending time with my sweetheart in this fantastic city. We decided it has the sights, shows, parks, museums and shopping of NYC, but it is cleaner, cheaper, less crowded and less crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment