Last summer, I decided to jump on the Instagram bandwagon. I've loved it! It has been a great way to connect with friends and family and to record daily photos of Lavender as she grows. I've sent most of my Instagram photos to Elder Aaron so he can keep up with the family while he's on his mission. I even made a photo book of all my Instagram photos from 2012.
Yesterday, I realized how easy it is to look at pornography on Instagram. And there is plenty of it. Anyone who picks up my phone (from my 3 year old granddaughter to my 15 year old son) is few seconds away from pornographic video and pictures. I have filters on my wifi, on my computer and on my phone, but there is no way to filter the filth readily available on Instagram. I had to do something. That's not the way I live my life.
Today, I deleted the IG app from my phone. I will really miss keeping in touch with so many people, but I know it was the right thing for me to do.
Tomorrow? Well, I haven't decided about that yet. I may delete my account, but I'm holding off at least until I've made a book of my 2013 photos. And there's always Facebook. Several years ago I made the decision not to be on Facebook. I've re-evaluated that decision on many occasions, but I haven't changed my mind. At least not yet.
#recommittingtoregularblogging
#onelasthashtagforoldtimessake
5 comments:
I completely get that decision. And yay for more blogging!
I think you made a good choice. I will miss your hash tags, though I see them on FB, so if you do that you can keep it up. :)
I'm going to try to be better at blogging this year, too. Maybe we can do some series or blog hops....
So sad you're leaving Instagram, even though I totally understand your reasoning :[ But I'm looking forward to your blog posts anyways!
Melanie! I was just posting something on IG when it hit me that I haven't seen anything from you in the past couple of weeks. I thought "I haven't seen Miss Lavender in a while - what's up?" So I went to your profile and somehow I had missed that last post you made, which obviously, lead me here. I will definitely miss the connection that IG afforded us, but what you say makes sense. I, for one, would love to see you on FB! Anyway - I will try to remember to check in on your blog to say hi. I have felt my blog calling my name for a while, and need to find a way to get back there as well. Hope all is well. Love you!
So good to hear from you LaRae! I would love to see you blogging again. You are such a talented writer. I am considering FB, but probably not until next year.
Post a Comment