Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Classic

Back in 1994:

*We had Homemaking, rather than Enrichment or RS meetings with the sisters at church.

*I was the Relief Society Counselor over Homemaking.

*I never missed a monthly Homemaking Meeting.

*Every month we called every sister in the ward to remind her of Enrichment meeting.

*We had a dinner every month because it got the sisters there.

*We made tons of crafts!

*I did lots of (lousy) tole painting.

*I had two adorable little boys ages 2 & 4.

* I made a teepee out of wooden dowels and denim-like fabric. It was tackily decorated with unauthentic Indian symbols written in puffy paint.

1994 - 2005:

*We added two more children to our family.

*My kids loved the teepee and played with it often.

2005 - 2009:

*My two little boys became men and my other two babies grew up.

* The teepee lived in the back of the closet under the stairs. I contemplated getting rid of it every year.

2010:

* My first granddaughter was born and I decided to save the teepee for my grandkids.

2011-2013:

* I was pregnant and gave birth to a beautiful little girl.

* I completely forgot about the teepee and was too busy to think about getting rid of it.

Today:

*Evan pulled out the teepee for Lavender to play with.

*She loved it!

*I decided that this may have been the best Relief Society project ever!



No comments: