I am pleased to announce that I have finished my Christmas shopping. Unfortunately, I still haven't received all of it yet, nor have I wrapped and/or mailed everything. But I'm working on it!
In case you are still contemplating what to get that special someone, I have a suggestion. My kids (my oldest two, who just happen to be married to each other) gave me a wonderful gift on Mother's Day. While it was perfect for Mother's Day, it would be an equally wonderful Christmas gift. Best of all, it won't cost you too much!
Ready for the details?
Gather 52 cards and envelopes. You can use simple cards or fancy stationery, just as long as you have something to write on. Next comes the hardest part. Think of 52 things you love (or are grateful for) about this person. Again, these can be as long or short as you'd like. When you're finished writing, you will probably feel really happy that you have this great person in your life. Next, put each card in an envelope and then put all of them in a basket or other container. Add a ribbon and you're set!
Ryan and Molly told me I could open the envelopes whenever I chose. Since there were 52, I decided to open one every Sunday. I have "cheated" a couple of times when I was having a bad day. Just opening that little envelope really cheered me up. I know it would bring some Christmas cheer to anyone on your gift giving list!
Happy shopping!
1 comment:
THAT is an awesome present.
Post a Comment