Sunday, January 22, 2012

I did it again

I should be at Stake Conference right now, but I am blogging instead.  Why?  My husband tells me I "overdid it again."  Actually, he's told me this several times recently.  It turns out that you have to take it easier when you are pregnant.  At least pregnant grandmas need to rest more than non-pregnant grandmas.  Or maybe it is just me! 

I have cut back in several areas of my life.  I don't have a calling (except for visiting teaching) right now.  I am not mentoring at our commonwealth school this year.  I am not cooking dinner every night.  Okay, most nights.  I haven't been walking regularly.  And you may not have noticed, but I haven't been blogging.  However, I do have a few projects that need to be completed before the baby comes.

#1 We are re-doing our bedroom so that we have a place for the baby.  This is also a perfect excuse to get rid of the broken, 20+ year old, ugly furniture!  John and Evan have done most of the work, but I guess sitting in my recliner while supervising makes me tired.

#2  I am helping to clean out my dad's house so he can prepare to rent it.  Again, I am not doing hard physical labor there. We just cleaned out my mom's sewing room.  I told John that all I did yesterday was sit in a chair and boss Jenny around.  He said he believes the bossing part, but not the sitting in a chair part. 

Every inch of this closet was filled with fabric and quilting supplies before we got to it!
 

#3  Baby registries!  Laugh if you will, but this is hard work!  I'm not sure they even had baby registries when my other kids were born.  Talk about pressure.  What if I choose the wrong carseat or stroller?!  This stuff is expensive and I want to get it right.  Once again, I did most of my copious research and registering online from the comfort of my couch.  But you've got to see some of this stuff in person and walking around Babies R Us for several hours with a scanner can wear a pregnant grandma out.  (Thank goodness Molly and the 2 adorable grandbabies accompanied me on this trip.   Molly was very helpful, plus it was fun to watch the employees trying to figure out our relationships.  I didn't say a word and just let them wonder!)

Now you have my excuse for missing church today.  I should probably go lie down now.  This blogging is hard work!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Isn't that registry stuff crazy? It is way overwhelming. And the bossing around really takes a toll on a body :) BTW it was great to see you in RS and you look fantastic!

Amber said...

I love you Melanie! You make me laugh. I'm so excited for you!

Kristin said...

I love reading your posts, i wish we lived closer so we could hang out!! I WAAAY loved that you didn't explain to the babies r us employees!! That is awesome!