Monday, January 23, 2012

Change

Just over 3 years ago, my life was pretty predictable.  My house was filled with my husband, 4 kids and a dog.  I knew that things would change in the future, but I figured change would happen gradually and I would have plenty of time to adjust.

Here are the not-so-gradual changes that have happened since then:
(Not in chronological order, and most have been in the past 2 years!)

2 sons leave home for college
2 sons leave on missions
1 wedding and a new daughter-in-law joins our family
My husband's stepmother passes away
My husband's family home is cleaned and sold--all belongings sold/donated/divided
2 beautiful granddaughters are born
My mom becomes ill and passes away
I am pregnant at age 44
1 more wedding when my dad remarries
My parent's home is being reorganized with Mom's belongings divided and donated

If someone would have told me what my life would look like by the end of 2011, I wouldn't have believed it.  I am happy with my life and many of the changes are wonderful blessings, but I am still shocked with how much my life has changed in the past couple of years.

I have a feeling 2012 will be another year of change.  I guess I'd better get used to it!

1 comment:

tawnya said...

That's a lot when you list it that way!