Right now my favorite muffins are baking. I call them Raspberry Muffins, but we may have to change the name. When I made them last weekend, Evan actually complained because the raspberries were a little bit tart. I explained that the rest of the muffins were sweet so it was the perfect combination!
Then Aaron joined the conversation in the role of wise older brother. "You know Evan, that's kind of how life is." And it's true! We have to take the bitter/sour/tart along with the sweet.
Here are a couple of scriptures for you to ponder while I go get my muffins out of the oven.
"And it must needs be that the devil should tempt the children of men, or they could not be agents unto themselves; for if they never should have bitter they could not know the sweet" Doctrine & Covenants 29:39
"Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy." Alma 36:21
P.S. If you want the recipe. Go HERE and scroll to the end of the post.
P. P. S Today, I left the raspberries out of one of the muffins especially for Evan.
3 comments:
That is sweet. You are so sweet to let a tart like me hang out with you! LOL! Glad you are back! Really, I am glad you are back! I have been thinking about this topic. In the book Superfreakonomics, a very, very old woman was interviewed and asked "What is the biggest change/thing you have seen in your lifetime?" She answered, "In the 70's the term Have a nice day was coined. We never thought about it before because the days weren't nice. Every day was hard work. We didn't expect to have a nice day." Really, we shouldn't expect it now should we? Commercialism, materialism and the world would have you think you deserve it. But do we really? Life is what it is. Sometimes there really isn't a happy ending in this lifetime. It's a good thing we have eternity.
You are the nicest mom ever.
I'm really not a gluten for punishment, but I totally appreciate the hard times. It's amazing how much happier the good times are! The perspective is always appreciated:)
Post a Comment