Tuesday, August 23, 2011

An Invitation

Do you ever find yourself wishing you knew . . .
how to solve a problem?
what to say to someone?
if the timing is right?
which path to take?

When I find myself asking these questions I usually do some research and/or pray about it.  But thanks to one of my favorite blogs,  I discovered that Elder Eyring has an even better way.  I'm on the right track, I just need to focus more on the ponder part!

"Reading, studying and pondering are not the same. We read words and we may get ideas. We study and we may discover patterns and connections in scripture. But when we ponder we invite revelation by the Spirit. Pondering for me is the thinking and the praying I do after reading and studying the scriptures carefully."  President Henry B. Eyring

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Glad to see you blogging again!

Bryn said...

I am grateful you introduced me to that blog. Really good stuff...I am so so grateful for personal revelation.