Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My Walking Secrets - Part 3

Jenny and I have had some weird things happen while walking. I've shared a few of them here and here.

When you walk regularly, you tend to see the same people day in and day out. Of course you say hello and almost feel like friends although you don't know their names.

A few years ago on a cold (well San Diego cold that it!) December morning I hadn't met up with Jenny yet, when I saw a fellow walker approaching. He wasn't one of the "regulars," but he had a smile on his face. I politely said, "hello" and he responded cheerily, "Thanks so much for your Christmas card. My wife and I really enjoyed it!"

This man was a complete stranger, so I was surprised. I felt like I should say something, but what was the appropriate response?

"You must have me confused with someone else."
"Hey, I didn't send you a Christmas card!"
"Who are you, buddy?"
"You're welcome!"

I slowed down wondering if I should turn around to respond, but he was on his was without a backward glance. I decided that the next time I saw him I would say something.

We both kept walking and I never saw him again!


3-Day For the Cure Update:

  • I have walked over 200 miles
  • I just started my official training schedule
  • I have raised over $1000
  • Our team, Annie's Angels has raised over $4000.
  • We are having a Think Pink Garage Sale this weekend. All the money raised will go toward breast cancer research. Please email me if you have items to donate or want to come shop.
  • I just read Promise Me: How a Sister's Love Launched the Global Movement to End Breast Cancer. It is exciting to see how much progress has been made in the last 30 years.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Love your walking secrets! You all are amazing. Hopefully Ginnie will be on her feet soon to keep training!