Monday, December 13, 2010

Reasons to Celebrate

This weekend we got to celebrate! Why?

Because Molly and Ryan were recently sealed
in the house of the Lord
and are building an eternal family


including this precious girl!

They were sealed on a dark, chilly evening a few weeks ago.
Fortunately, this weekend the skies were blue
and the weather was beautiful.
It was the perfect time for pictures!


We continued celebrating into the night
with food and dancing
(and a constant drool spot on Ryan's shoulder thanks to Brianne!)

and delicious cupcakes made by this girl!

It was a beautiful day to celebrate and to think of our Savior.
I am grateful He blesses us with families and the sacred, sealing ordinances of the temple.

The day was even more special because it was the birthday
of John's mother, Mary Alice who passed away twenty years ago.
When Ryan was about Brianne's age, we spent 10 days with her
just weeks before she became ill and passed away.

She loved the Savior, babies and the temple.
I know it was a birthday celebration she would love.
I feel she was there with us at the temple joining in our celebration.

"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!" Isaiah 52:7


9 comments:

Janae said...

What a wonderful day for you all! I love the pictures and the happiness in everyone's faces. What a true blessing:)

Kim & Brian's Adventures said...

We heard about your joyous occasion and both Brian and I were thrilled for the news. What a fantastic day to celebrate!

The Bradley's said...

Congrats! That is a truly wonderful reason to celebrate

Jenny said...

Yay for Molly & Ryan (& Brianne)! The cupcakes were delish and I got to dance with my husband! It's probably the most fun I've had in a really long time.

jessica said...

Yay, I love babies and weddings too!! I love occasions and people that bring us real and pure joy!

Alyssa said...

that's a good pic of the temple! Marianne took that?

Melanie said...

Yes, Marianne took all the pictures. It is a lovely one of the temple, isn't it?

Laura said...

What a wonderful thing to celebrate! Such a beautiful family! Did Marianne make all those cupcakes? SO sad we missed out!!

Melanie said...

Yes, Marianne made over 100 cupcakes. They were every bit as good as professional ones!