Tonight I went to a science fair at our commonwealth school. Marianne had a display and did a fabulous job. When I got home I realized what a nice evening it had been. I got to visit with friends, see some very creative projects, learn something new and taste homemade fudge and ice cream.
That may not sound like much, but for me it was monumental. I realized it was the first time in 3 months that I was able to go out for the evening and completely relax and enjoy myself.
When my mom was admitted to the hospital 3 months ago everything changed. From that moment on, there has always been worry, tears or sadness--especially when I am away from home.
I have gone out and had fun since then, but I really had to work at it. And always, in the back of my mind there was part of me that was miserable. Tonight, it was easy. I didn't have to hold back the tears or put on a happy face. Everything just flowed. I am grateful for that gift.
3 comments:
Love you, Melanie! Thank you for being so open about your healing. I enjoyed last night, too. I'm still giggling about my reaction to my Am Ex under the black light! It's the little things that bring joy and wonder, right? :)
That is monumental. I am so happy for you though happy doesn't seem the right word if that makes sense. I am not sure what the right word is for that. I think you know what I mean! I am glad peace has come! Time is marvelous for healing. I appreciate you sharing that with us, too.
I could blather on about WHY I really needed to read this right now, but I'll spare you. Just know that I did. Thank you.
Post a Comment