Monday, December 20, 2010

Don't Be Jealous

Guess what we got for the 6th day of Christmas? That's the day for "six geese a laying" and we actually received a flock of geese! Yes, real geese, but after reading this book last month, I'm grateful they weren't delivered to our house.


The geese will be delivered to a struggling family overseas. They were purchased by my brother and sister-in-law through Heifer International. Take a look at their gift catalog and see some of the cool gifts you can purchase. It would make a great last-minute gift!

We have really been spoiled this year with a gift every day for the 12 days of Christmas. All of them revolve around the theme of Christmas memories and remind us of our family and especially my Mom. One of my favorite gifts was this beautiful figurine called "The Real Meaning of Christmas." My mom has several of these Jim Shore figures appropriately adorned with quilt patterns.

May we all remember our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ at this Christmas season and always!

5 comments:

jessica said...

I love Heifer. Will is always giving me a hard time for wanting to buy someone a pig or a water buffalo. I think they are the coolest presents!

Amber said...

I bought a goat in my dad and mom's name last year for Christmas and they LOVED it. It was the best present they have recieved in long time, they said. I think it's unique and such a selfless gift! Love the 6 geese a laying tie in, by the way!

The Bradley's said...

I have never seen that Jim Shore one before. I love it.

Bryn said...

We got a goat from my parents last year. Very cool thing. I love Jim Shore. I got The journey that changed the world figurine for Christmas last year and gave one just ike it to family. He does good stuff. What a wonderful thing you are having with the 12 days of Christmas! That is so cool! Enjoy that! Hope to hear the other gifts!

Cyndi said...

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be jealous of geese running around your back yard!!! Geese are mean anyway! I'll have to remember that for next year. What a great gift!