Sunday, October 24, 2010

The End of the Line

I come from a long line of strong women,
so I like to think of myself as a strong no-nonsense type of gal!
But these pictures tell a different story.
Apparently, I'm a bit of a softie.


Exhibit A

First, I let this guy buy a giant pumpkin.
55 pounds!
He has plans for an enormous jack-o-lantern.
To be completely honest,
I didn't just let him buy it--I paid for it.
He is my baby after all.


Exhibit B
I let this girl
(pictured here as an Indian with her cute friend
at the YW big sister/little sister costume party)
break into our stash of Halloween candy!
But I have a good excuse . . .


She needed the candy bars to make these cupcakes!
They were gorgeous and delicious, but it's a slippery slope
opening that Halloween candy. You know what happens!


Exhibit C

It's a good thing this little one can't talk yet.
The way she smiles in that adorable
hat her mom made,
I'm afraid I'd give her anything she asked for!


I can't help it!
Who wouldn't be a softie when
you've got this sweetie grinning at you?

I can be strong and soft at the same time, right?!

8 comments:

Molly Hartzell said...

Love it! That photo of you two is adorable :)

The Bradley's said...

She is grandma's girl. And Marianne seriously is so good at cupcakes

Bryn said...

Those are some dang cute pictures of your kiddos!

Amber said...

That is the CUTEST baby cheeser I've seen. Your a lucky grandma and she is definetly a lucky little one to call you hers.

Katie said...

A 55 pound pumpkin? You ARE a softie. Haha! You are right, he is your baby, he deserves it( spoken from the baby of her family)!
And that baby on the pumpkin... She is adorable!!

Alyssa said...

whats the plan for Evan's jack-o-lantern?

Kristy said...

Such a cute picture of the baby in the pumpkins and with her grandma.

Anonymous said...

You are such a good mom and now GRANDMA! I love the picture of you and Brianne :)